FCD – Kenny Cooper (caution), 18’
FCD – Blake Wagner (caution), 28’
FCD – Pablo Ricchetti (caution), 48’
CHI – Bakary Soumare (caution), 59’
FCD – Juan Toja (caution), 71’
Chicago Lineup (4-5-1): GK-Jon Busch, D-C.J. Brown (captain), D-Brian Plotkin, D-Austin Washington (Andy Herron, 59’), D-Bakary Soumare, M-Stephen King, M-Logan Pause, M-John Thorrington, M-Justin Mapp (Patrick Nyarko, 70’), M-Cuauhtemoc Blanco, F-Chad Barrett (Tomasz Frankowski, 80’).
FC Dallas Lineup (3-5-2): GK-Dario Sala, D-Drew Moor, D-Duilio Davino (captain), D-Blake Wagner, M-Andre Rocha, M-Pablo Ricchetti, M-Marcelo Saragosa (Dax McCarthy, 64’), M-Juan Toja, M-Arturo Alvarez (Aaron Pitchkolan, 70’), F-Kenny Cooper (Abe Thompson, ’90), F-Dominic Oduro.
Shots 11 20
Shots on Goal 3 10
Saves 9 3
Fouls 3 15
Corner Kicks 4 6
Offsides 2 3
· C.J. Brown returned from injury this afternoon to start his first game of the season with the first team. He also wore the captain’s armband for the first time.
· Brian Plotkin and Austin Washington also played and started a first team game for the first time in 2008. It was Plotkin’s first MLS action since 7/29/07 at TOR. The game was
· Fire 2008 First Round Draft pick Patrick Nyarko saw his first first team action of his career as he came on as a substitute in the 70’.
· Today’s loss gives
· Kenny Cooper’s goal in the 17’ was only the 4th time in 11 games
· Today’s game was only 2nd of the season where the Fire trailed at the half (also 1-0 vs. KC, 4/20 and also lost that game 1-0)….the club is now 0-2 when trailing at the half.
· The loss drops the Fire to 4-1-1 on the road.
· Chicago has now lost its last 2 games…the first time in 2008 they have lost consecutive contests…New England is now the only MLS team to not lose at least 2 consecutive games in 2008.
· This was the 2nd time in 2008 the Fire have been shutout. They also lost 1-0 to KC on 4/20.
· FIRE HEAD COACH DENIS HAMLETT: “We gave up an early bad goal. I thought we did a much better job in the second half of pushing the ball forward in the second half. We had better chances in the second half but just couldn’t score. “
· The Fire’s next game is Thursday, June 19 at Chivas
For official box scores and game stats, please visit www.chicago-fire.com.